Hello loveys! Can you believe it is already 2017? Before we know it, we'll be in 2020 and that just feels so surreal. I promised I would post more in 2017 and I wanted to start by sharing with you my goals for this year. These are not my resolutions, because I always feel like those will eventually fail. Goals are something I'll strive towards, but won't beat myself up over, if I have an off day. 2016 was a year of self discovery, heartache, and growing. I wanted to approach 2017 with much more positivity and optimism. So here you go!
- LOVE SEAN WELL: In 2016, I spent most of my time wallowing in my sadness about not getting pregnant, and being frustrated with Sean because it wasn't happening. I definitely realized about halfway through the year that I just needed to love Sean more, and with that, appreciate our time together. Someday when we have a baby, I'm sure I'll be so wrapped up in that little darling, that I'll forget to pay attention to Sean. And that just is not acceptable. The only way our marriage will be successful and our children will know the beauty of a deep love is if Sean and I put each other first (after God of course). Sean is my very best friend and I couldn't imagine doing life with anyone else by my side, and I just want to make sure that he always knows how much I love and appreciate him.
- READ MORE: I LOVE to read. But lately, I haven't been reading as much as listening to audio books. When I drive, I always have an audio book playing instead of listening to the radio. And in 2016, I probably got through at least 20 books. But Sean's goal was to read 17 books this year, so I thought I'd jump in with him, and instead of coming home and unwinding with a rerun of some Friends episode I've seen 100 times, I think I'll join him with a good book.
- EAT VEGETABLES: I almost don't want to put this on my goal list, but I definitely have to eat healthier... if not for me, for my future baby. Now, I am not a terrible eater. But I do love pizza, bread, and the blue box mac & cheese. I could seriously go an entire week without having any kind of vegetable and I'm pretty sure that is terrible for you! I do love fruit and have no problem eating that... but leafy, bright green vegetables? Gag. Sean has been making a smoothie for me every morning with spinach, kale, and carrots in it, so hopefully that will count for something :)
- GET INVOLVED WITH CHURCH: We have been members of a wonderful church with an even more wonderful pastor for about 7 years. But since we've moved into our own house, we're not physically as close to that church and have been hopping around for the past 3 years. I will always want to be involved with our home church, but we also need to find a place to set some roots and grow. I want to do bible studies and connect with other couples. I want to live the Jesus way every single day and the best way to do that is to surround myself with people who also follow that path. So this year, we will find a new home church and get involved!
- HAVE A BABY: How can I have a goal list that doesn't include this? Of course, I don't want to be completely consumed by this, but Sean and I do very much want to be parents and have a family. And 2017 will be our year!
I can't wait to post again for you all next week. Who knows... maybe one of these days I'll post something SUPER EXCITING!