Hey everyone! Since I've wrapped up the story of my journey to our Angel Baby, and I don't have any new pregnancy stuff to discuss with you yet, I decided to do a little Five on Friday! We all know how much I love the number five, so I thought this would be a perfect bridge while we wait for the next baby to make an appearance! Here are a few highlights to my week:
- I fell off the 21 Day Fix wagon... again. This program is all about meal prep. Sunday, Sean and I were running around so much that when we finally got home, I didn't want to do anything but be a blob on the couch. Monday through Wednesday, I managed to scrape together salads, carrots, yogurt, and fruit so I ate relatively healthy. But Wednesday night, I was driving to watch Sean play tennis and stopped off at this place called Super Chix. Super Chix rivals Chick-Fil-A in a way. When I first discovered them, I thought their chicken was so much tastier, there sauce was better, and their fries had "flavors". I always got the sweet mix which is basically sugar and salt, but it is SO good. However, I have a love-hate relationship with them. In the past, they've forgotten my sauce, put barely any seasoning on the fries, ran out of lemonade, and changed the chicken recipe. But I love the fries, so when I passed it on my way to the tennis match, I decided to splurge. They have now disappointed me for the last time. When I ordered my kid's meal, they told me they changed their sauces, and there was nothing that was similar to the one I loved. I still ate the fries, but was not satisfied by the chicken, and blew my 21 Day Fix. I now will be starting over next Monday and will now pledge to stay loyal to Chick-Fil-A.
- Speaking of Sean playing tennis, he and his partner (my adorable friend Ellen, who works with Sean so she was his friend first I guess), won their division's mixed doubles tournament! Sean's company does this awesome thing called the Richardson Corporate Challenge (RCC). It's basically a ton of Dallas-area companies competing in Olympic style sports to benefit the Special Olympics. Of course Sean plays almost every sport they have and for three months, is pretty much gone every night playing something. But honestly, there are no complaints here! I love watching his awesome athleticism and can't wait for him to pass this down to our little kiddos.
- At the tennis match, I got eaten alive by mosquitoes! I have 10 bites all over my body, most of which are on my legs and they actually are painful. I am pretty sure I'm allergic to them because each bite is the size of a fist, red, and super swollen. It's like I have a rock in my calf. I thoroughly researched the CDC and I think I am clear of Zika and West Nile, but check on me next week to be sure.
- It was Fun Friday at Camp Gladiator this morning and it totally kicked my butt. Even though I felt like I was dying at the end, I actually really enjoyed the intense workout and felt great while I was dripping buckets. If anyone is looking for any kind of workout program, I highly suggest Camp Gladiator. It not only makes me go to workouts because my trainer Liz would rag on me if I skipped out (xoxo Liz!), but it's also a ton of fun. No work out is the same and it is a total body workout every time. Let me know if you're interested... they always have great deals for newbies!
- I love Fridays! I get this awesome benefit at work during the summer where we can leave at 2:00 on Friday if all our work for the week is done. During my free afternoon, I'm going to go love on some twin babies and then watch Sean play basketball for RCC. I may sneak in some sushi at some point since I'm giving myself the weekend to splurge before 21 Day Fix starts on Monday....
Happy Friday everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. XOXO, Summer