It's been a few weeks since I've last posted and I'm sorry for that! Honestly, there hasn't been a whole lot going on in the Mohn Manor. At this point, I thought I'd have a ton to share with you all as I tracked my pregnancy week by week. But alas, that was not what God had in store for me at this moment in time. But this week, I moved something on my desk at work and a little wisp of paper fell in front of me from a fortune cookie I had gotten at some point. "You will soon receive pleasant news of a personal nature" is what it read. I, of course had thought it was important enough to save whenever I first got it, but completely forgot of its existence until now. What's exciting about this little nugget of enlightenment is that it makes me feel even more hopeful and excited about whatever is in store for me and Sean. Dr. C said we should wait three months and two cycles after the D&C to try getting pregnant again. Well it's been 3 months and I'm ready! But in the midst of this excitement and limbo I find myself in, I'm also asking myself questions that I can't get a clear answer on:
- When I get pregnant again, do I tell Sean right away or do I wait until I go see the doctor by myself to make sure every thing is ok this time? A part of me would hate for him to miss the opportunity to see his baby and hear the heartbeat for the first time. But the other part wants to keep him from experiencing that pain again if we have another scenario like the last pregnancy.
- Do I even want Sean to go to the first sono? Again, part of me doesn't want to deprive him of the happiness. But on the other hand, last time when we got the news, I just wanted to be by myself. I know I would feel the same way again.
- When do we tell people? There were a couple of people who knew I was pregnant as early as week 5. Of course it was amazing to have the support when we lost the baby, but that also meant that a bunch of people knew that there was a baby to lose.
- With the blog, should I share the news right away? I have been so open about this chapter of my life and I feel like it would only be fair to continue to share the details. When I get that positive pregnancy test, do I do a post about it that day? I want to walk through this journey with as many people as possible so that we can feel a large sense of comfort and support. It's been such a blessing for me and my readers knowing that we are definitely not alone in this.
- How much do I obsess about being pregnant when I find out I am? I was religious about tracking the pregnancy every day on my Glow Nurture app. I loved reading articles about how the baby was growing and the day by day changes to my body and the baby. But I don't want to get my hopes up again. I don't want to get so overwhelmed with happiness and excitement just to have it taken away again. At what point can I feel pregnant?
I'm not sure I have the right answer to any of these questions. But I'd love your input on them! Comment below if you have any thoughts! In the meantime, let's pray that this little fortune comes true soon!