Today, we got out of the office for a little bit and went to the Texas State Fair! I love this time of year when the weather gets cooler and the fair is in full swing. Fried Cookie Dough is my favorite go to and I definitely demolished it. But luckily my coworkers are adventurous and always down for some fried food, so we tried a bunch of different things:
- Fried Chicken & Dumplings - AMAZING. This definitely hit the spot when I was needing something salty. I hadn't eaten all day in preparation for the fair, and this was the perfect thing I needed to get the day going.
- Fried Peanut Butter & Jelly with Banana - Very good, and very rich. Of course the fried is always just a little too much, but it's still pretty delicious.
- Fried Cannoli - This was actually surprisingly delightful. The creamy cheese in the middle was subtle and gave the right amount of sweet.
- Fried Banana Supreme - I was totally excited about this one, but it actually did not hit the spot. The banana of course was a little mushy as you would expect, and pretty much tasted like a tempura banana you would get at an Asian restaurant.
- Fried Avocado Fries - I am not a huge fan of green stuff, but these were surprisingly good to me. They were a little spicy and perfect with the ranch style dipping sauce it comes with.
- Fried Cookie Fries - I was SO disappointed with these. I think they won an award this year, but they seriously tasted like nothing.. What a waste of calories!
The daredevil in me loves amusement park rides. Sean always gets a little nervous over things you can put up and take down in a day, but my thoughts on that are that it would be a fun way to go! I try to do a crazy ride every year and this year I let my team pick whichever one they thought would torment me the most. I wish I had a video of it because it was actually quite fun! It whipped you back and forth, upside down, and all you could see was my hair going crazy around me. This one was also only 10 tickets and definitely gave the thrill! While in the Midway, we played one of those water gun balloon games and I won!! I got to pick any prize and chose a unicorn of course! It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!!! And I named her Taylor Swift. Speaking of Taylor...
For the Taylor Swift junkie in me, they had a really cool expo of some of her outfits, awards, and mementos from when she was younger. This girl is so talented and it was pretty cool to see the actual notepads where she wrote her lyrics. I mean how do you come up with some of this stuff???
The weather ended up staying perfect for us all day and it was the best ending to a long week... Now off to California to celebrate our anniversary on a nice extended weekend! I can't wait to share with you all of the fun things we get into in Cali!